[GPSCC-chat] Politics and Wall Street Crimes

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 7 09:05:06 PST 2013

William Greider has an article in The Nation about
the 2008 Wall Street disaster.

"... President Obama and his administration are stalked by a question of
scandal that will not go away: Why isn’t anyone going to jail? The
lawsuit’s accusation against S&P sounds like a crime. ..."

"I have a hunch this scandal is not going away and it will gnaw at Obama
during his second term. The outrage will expand as more bits of evidence
keep surfacing in various lawsuits. It reminds me a little of the
Watergate scandal in the 1970s ... "

"Why Don't White-Collar Criminals Get Equal Time?"
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/02/06
http://www.thenation.com/blog/172670/why-dont-white-collar-criminals-get-equal-time

Gerry

P.S. I sure hope Greider is right that the scandal will
not go away and the outrage will expand.  I have worried
for some time that if little or nothing is done, we may
have another economic mess as bad or worse as the mess
in 2008.  I'll be sending a letter to my reps about this.