[GPSCC-chat] Nominating signatures for County Council Elections June 27, 2013

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Tue Jun 4 21:05:07 PDT 2013

Hello, All:

       1.  Please use the attached minor revision of the nominating
petition.  As noted below, we need a total of 20 signatures of Santa
Clara County residents registered Green.  We could get this from 20
different people signing this form (as both a nominator and a
circulator) or from one "circulator" getting signatures from him/herself
and 19 others or any combination in between.

       2.  At the last meeting, at least one attendee suggested we would
not have problems collecting 20 signatures.  Without checking the
minutes, I think we rarely get that many at any monthly meeting, but we
often get more than half.  I don't see it as trivial, but it shouldn't
be hard, either:  If 5 people each get one other and one gets 5 other
Greens registered in Santa Clara County but who rarely come to our
monthly meeting, those 10 with our regular attendees should put us over
the required 20 -- just barely.

       3.  If anyone wants to give me a list of zip codes in Santa Clara
County, per John's suggestion below, I can give you names, addresses and
phone numbers of Greens with those zips.  I have a list of over 750,000
registered voters in Santa Clara County from September 2012, of which
4112 are Green.  I'm not completely sure what the rules are regarding
the use of this list, except that I cannot circulate it promiscuously.
The 4112 Greens use 117 different zip codes.  One zip includes 213
Greens;  40 zips include only 1 Green each.  However, I'm not sure we
need to do this.

       4.  If we don't have 20 valid signatures by June 27, we can
reschedule the election for July 25 and devise a strategy to get the
additional signatures we need before then.

JOHN:  Thanks for the correction.

       Spencer