[GPSCC-chat] A Canadian's perspective on AGW issues

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 29 11:24:12 PDT 2013

FYI,

Thomas Homer-Dixon is a professor at the
University of Waterloo in Ontario:
http://www.homerdixon.com/biography/ .

I think of him as a think tank guy.

I just received a newsletter from his office,
(I subscribed years ago).  I think you might
find some of his info interesting.

He provides a link to a Canadian "Reality Check"
website:
http://oilsandsrealitycheck.org/

NOTE: There is some redundancy of info between
the next 2 articles.

Here's an article for the New York Times:
"The Tar Sands Disaster"
http://www.homerdixon.com/2013/04/01/the-tar-sands-disaster/
"IF President Obama blocks the Keystone XL pipeline once and for all,
he’ll do Canada a favor."
(He says Canadians do not support the tar sands usage.)

Here's a short debate between Homer-Dixon and a tar
sands supporter (also Canadian):
"Oil Sands Debate"
http://www.homerdixon.com/2013/06/03/oil-sands-debate/
"Resolved: The oil sands industry is distorting Canada’s economy and
eroding its democracy in ways that will exact an enormous cost on our
society over the long term."

And here's 41 articles, including the above two:
http://www.homerdixon.com/tag/climate-change/

Gerry