[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Video from Josh Fox

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Wed Oct 2 18:01:13 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Mark Schlosberg, Food & Water Watch" <act at fwwatch.org>
To: carolineyacoub at att.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:50 PM
Subject: Video from Josh Fox

Food & Water Watch

      Become a Member
Josh Fox is down. Are you?
Find an event and plug in to the Global Frackdown on 10/19!
Caroline -

Are you down with the Global Frackdown?

Later this month, thousands of fracktivists around the world will come together for the Global Frackdown 2 to call for a ban on fracking. Are you in? Check out this video from our friend Josh Fox, writer and director of the Gasland movies. After you watch, find and join an event near you, or plan your own!

Last year the Global Frackdown was a huge success, with actions from
France to South Africa, Argentina to Australia, and all across the
United States. In fact, it was so successful that an industry white paper
cited the Frackdown as an example of our increasingly powerful
movement to ban fracking.¹ This year will be bigger, louder and more powerful. Are you in?

The oil and gas industry will stop at nothing to keep the public in the
dark about the ugly truths of fracking. We've seen families forced to
sign gag orders in exchange for clean drinking water, the EPA abandoning
 investigations of fracking contamination sites in the face of industry
pressure, and our elected officials putting corporate profits over the
rights of their constituents.

Fight back. Join the Global Frackdown 2 on Saturday, October 19.

Despite what we're up against, grassroots opposition to fracking is growing. Across the globe, the list of victories keeps growing. From the hundreds camping out in protest in Balcolme, England; to bans in France and Bulgaria; moratoria in the Czech Republic and the Netherlands; and communities in the U.S., Argentina, Canada and more passing municipal resolutions — we're turning the tide. In order to keep winning, we need to show our elected officials around the globe that they work for us, not the oil and gas industry.

Plug in to the Global Frackdown 2! Follow this link to find an event near you:
http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=20YpHcqebiHIKnl5jDQAZA

Thanks for joining,

Mark Schlosberg
Organizing Director
Food & Water Watch
act(at)fwwatch(dot)org
1. White paper reveals gas industry scared of global protests. Green Left Weekly, February 10, 2013.

  Share This             Food & Water Watch is a consumer advocacy nonprofit that challenges the corporate control of our food and water. We empower people to take action and transform the public consciousness about what we eat and drink.
Donate
Contact Us  •  Visit the Website
Food & Water Watch, 1616 P Street, NW Suite 300 Washington, DC 20036 • (202) 683-2500
Manage your subscription or unsubscribe