[GPSCC-chat] MARCH TO HEAL THE VALLEY SCHEDULE OCTOBER 7 - 10, 2013

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Fri Oct 4 15:42:29 PDT 2013

JOIN THE MARCH TO HEAL THE VALLEY OCTOBER 7 – 10, 2013

This is a march to end poverty organized by CHAM Deliverance Ministry. It is co-sponsored by Exodus to Serenity, Silicon Valley DeBug, Low-Income Self-Help Center, United Service Workers West (SEIU), Voluntarios de la Comunidad, and Green Party of Santa Clara County.

For more information, go to http://www.siliconvalleydebug.org/healthevalley.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Mon Oct 7 9:00 am – Depart Story and King, San Jose
Mon Oct 7 at 12 noon - Rally at the Smith-Carlos statues at San Jose State University
Mon Oct 7 at 7 pm – Evening program at the Leontyne Chapel, Bellarmine College Preparatory School,
                960 W. Hedding St., San Jose 95126 (near the University Ave campus entrance)
Tues Oct 8 at 7 pm – Evening program at Sunnyvale Presbyterian Church, 728 W. Fremont Ave.,
                Sunnyvale, CA 94087 (Corner of Fremont& Hollenbeck)(in the Gym)
Wed Oct 9 at 11 am – Rally at Apple, 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, CA 95014 (near De Anza Blvd. & Mariani)
Wed Oct 9 at 7 pm – Evening Program at The Rock Church, 929 Weddell Court, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Thurs. Oct9 at 12 noon – Rally at Google, Charleston Park, Charleston Rd, Mountain View, CA  94043
Thurs. Oct. 10 at 7 pm – Evening program at St. Joseph Church, 582 Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041
                (corner of Hope & Mercy Street)(program is in the basement)
Join The March To Heal The Valley!
Silicon Valley, long heralded as a world-class center for innovation, also has come to symbolize the polarization of wealth that is destroying America.
We can bring about change, but we need your participation.
>From CHAM Deliverance Ministry, a four-day “March to Heal the Valley”.

WHEN:            9:00 AM Monday, Oct 7 through Thursday evening, Oct 10

WHERE:           From:   Story Road and King, East San Jose

To:       The corporate campuses of Apple and Google

WHAT:            March to the wealthiest corporations in the world to…

…develop a dialog and create an ongoing coalition…

Crossing diverse neighborhoods, we will…
Gather those devastated by the recent sequester cuts…
…the homeless… and those about to be… the foreclosed…
…those with inadequate or no health care…
…the underpaid and unemployed…
…people of conscience…
Seek those who will join our campaign to end poverty in
 one of the wealthiest regions in our country!

WHY:               Corporations have the power to force the government to
 change its priorities.

                  Corporations indirectly caused the sequester by Lobbying for corporate tax breaks,
                  We will ask them to lobby to end poverty instead!

WE WANT:

þ  Corporations to offset the impact of the Federal sequester on the Housing Authority of the County of Santa Clara ($21 million).
þ  Corporations to guarantee living wage jobs and benefits for all security and service workers connected with Silicon Valley’s leading industries.
þ  Corporations to fund a Faith Center to bring together the faith community to house and serve the homeless.
þ  Corporations to join us to demand that government end the housing crisis for everyone and bring about the total, direct, and immediate abolition of poverty called for by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.