[GPSCC-chat] Not Seeking Re-election To County Council

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 08:00:45 PST 2014

Hello,

I just got back from a short trip to Eugene Oregon. I am fully satisfied with the quality of life there (including the possibility of getting a mobile home in an all age park for $3900 to $20k depending on the size and quality and the distance from downtown Eugene). So I am planning to move there permanently at the end of June 2014. They don't have a functioning Green Party organization in Lane County, but they have a very active Occupy movement and every other person that you run into is an activist. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that they aren't all liberal democrats.   We will see.  I will be keeping most of my furniture and other junk at my current room mate's location for a few months after I move so if I find out I've been had, it is just a $63 train ticket to come back.  I may also be able to make a trip to San Jose and/or LA about once per month if I can find someone's couch to sleep on for a couple of nights per month.  It's been great
 living in San Jose, but it is time for me to move on. Cheers.

Sincerely,

John Thielking