[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: The Pledge to Amend Press Release

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Fri Oct 24 12:01:07 PDT 2014

Hi, Wes:

       Gerry Gras, Caroline Yacoub, and other local Greens helped get
David Cobb to speak in Palo Alto before there was a local MTA chapter.
I've attended maybe 15% of the monthly Santa Clara County MTA meetings
and 5% of the meetings of their weekly "Build Democracy, End Corporate
Rule (BDECR)" meetings.  This included helping with their "Pledge to
Amend" campaign mentioned in the subject of this email.

       I've been more active in other electoral reform efforts including
the California Clean Money campaign (CAClean.org) and Dream Menders-San
José (formed by refugees from MoveOn).  The latter group organized
showings of 3 movies in the past year ("The United States of ALEC",
"Inequality for All", and "Pay2Play") at the San José Peace & Justice
Center, officially co-sponsored by the Santa Clara Green Party.  I also
wrote most of the current text for the Wikipedia article on "Electoral
reform in the United States", which compares initiatives to overturn
Citizens United with other proposed electoral reforms.

       Spencer

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.