[GPSCC-chat] Search Engines

Drew rainbeaufriend at riseup.net
Wed Mar 2 00:59:44 PST 2016

Hey Spencer,

I didn't say to use Gibiru or install anything I said read the
discussion they have there.  Neither of those things you installed did I
recommend.

I recommend DuckDuckGo.com or IxQuick.com for search engines. I also
recommend caution when installing things.

Greenvolution is NOW!

Dru

On 2016-02-22 06:06, Spencer Graves wrote:
> Hi, Drew:
>

>       In installed the Firefox Anonymox and maybe one other plugin
> recommended by Gibru.com.  Now I'm inundated with ads.  I tried
> turning off Anonymox.  I'm still getting more ads than I got before.
>

>       I may be safer, but I don't feel better ;-)
>

>       Spencer Graves
>

> On 2/20/2016 4:30 PM, Drew wrote:
>> Corrections to a couple of links that were misspelled
>> http://donottrack.us/, http://gibiru.com/
>>
>> Greenvolution is NOW!
>> Drew
>>
>> On 2016-02-20 14:24, Drew wrote:
>>> The reason I recommend DuckDuckGo.com, IXQuick.com, Gibru.com,
>>> StartPage.com is that they don't track you.  Why is this important?
>>>
>>> Well, we Greens are political activists who are working to overturn
>>> the status quo, and bring democracy and liberation to the U.S., yes?
>>> Can you think of anything about that that is likely to get us
>>> targeted
>>> by the U.S. (In)security agencies -- that might get us arbitrarily
>>> labeled as "terrorists", "enemies of the state" and such?
>>>
>>> We know for a certainty that the U.S. government uses a direct tap
>>> into Google, Yahoo/Bing/Microsoft, Facebook, as well as forcing them
>>> (and any U.S. company and they'll attempt it with foreign companies
>>> as
>>> well) to turn over any data like I.P. addresses they have in the name
>>> of U.S. (in)"security".  We know that.  So why would any informed
>>> Green in their right mind hand all their data to the
>>> NSA/FBI/CIA/(insert list of Three Letter Acronyms soup here)? They
>>> wouldn't.
>>>
>>> Well unfortunately these small, ostensibly good search engines do not
>>> have their own technology but instead are powered by one of the big,
>>> evil search engine companies and share their advertising revenue with
>>> them, so "under the hood" you will find Google, Bing or in the case
>>> of
>>> Ecosia.org, Yahoo/Bing/Micro$oft.  That means (without taking
>>> precautions) you WILL be fully tracked when you use these ostensibly
>>> "good" search engines.  Does that not make them no longer good? I
>>> would say so.
>>>
>>> For a longer discussion see http://donttrack.us/ or
>>> http://DoNotTrack.com or https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track, or
>>> http://gibru.com or
>>> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=non-tracking+search+engines
>>>

>>> Greenvolution is NOW!
>>>
>>> Drew

Green is GO!

Drew
~*~*~*~
Dr. Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala leading the 100 member Green Shadow
Cabinet to A Green New Deal for America
http://greenshadowcabinet.us
Dr. Stein's Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
Climate Voter Power Pledge: http://www.jillstein.org/dc_climate_protests