[StrategyPlan] our approach to Strategizing

Kendra Gonzales earthworks_works at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 12:42:18 PST 2010

Hello all,

I've briefly scanned over Jim's draft to send to County Contacts....its not at
all disimilar to what we've been proposing. However, I suggest we really
simplify the email, offer just a handful of suggested topic items or questions
for their consideration.

The email is a bit too lengthy and people might feel overwhelmed when reading
it....not to say all the content isn't important, but I've found that email
communication warrants a short and to the point approach because its just too
easy to hit "delete". As evidenced by this email, I have the same problem myself
and need to really edit things down for simplicity's sake!

Another missing component is a place to send local ideas and action items so we
can record and organize them together into the "Plan".  How do we document
everything? I have suggested Wiki....Marnie Glickman has created one
but specific to her proposal for the first part of 2011. Can we use it for the
larger picture stuff too? http://wiki.cagreens.org/index.php/Green_2012.

Do we create our own Wiki, or use something else all together?
Jenni Woodward has also created a Greens Specific virtual space on her own
platform:

CAGreens-Test is reached at: www.weblearningtools.org/CAGreens-Test.
CAGreenIDEAS.org will be reachable at either cagreenideas.org or
www.cagreenideas.org .

I'll create a draft email to the counties as well, and Barry said he was going
to do one. Maybe between Jim, Barry, and myself we can create a best approach.

Kendra Gonzales