[StrategyPlan] Strategy Plan Announcement

Jim Stauffer jims at greens.org
Sat Jan 8 15:29:48 PST 2011

I really blew it on this one. I somehow missed Kendra's message on Thursday
morning. Then I was out all day Friday and just saw the message last night.

I was going to send it out today and then push the CC for a follow-up message
to send next Thursday.

But, in preparing the message I revisited the wiki, which I hadn't seen in a
while, and I have to ask if that's really the final version.

There are two headings with sub-lists of specific topics:

     http://wiki.cagreens.org/index.php/GPCA_Strategic_Action_Plan

This seems to be Bert's original idea based on the counties getting a set of
questions they're suppose to answer. But now we're sending out just three
broad categories to catch all comments.

Consider the responses we're going to get. The counties, or county-groups,
will send minutes or notes of their meeting. They will contain a variety of
opinions and topics in no categorized manner. We (whoever will do this) will
have to sort through these messages and copy/paste each item into a
category/sub-topic.

The wiki has to be structured to accommodate this. We need one level for
counties to submit their minutes. Then we need a structure of
category/sub-topics for discussion threads.

Here's an update of a suggestion I made a while back:

L1 - Main Page

      Posts from county/group meetings

      Index (of L2 headings):

  L2 - Immediate Future (up to Nov 2012) Goals page

       Index (of L3 headings):

       Political Goals
         L3 - Partisan and non-partisan candidates page
         L3 - Campaigns and ballot proposition page
         L3 - Election reforms page

       Other topics are gathered on the L2 page

       Internal / Party Goals
         L3 - Voter registration page
         L3 - Developing county Locals page
         L3 - Fundraising page
         L3 - Internal structure and administration page

       Other topics are gathered on the L2 page

   L2 - Five Year Goals

         [same index of L3 headings]

   L2 - Ten Year Goals

         [same index of L3 headings]
----------------------

Or, we could switch the L2s and L3s:

   L2 - Partisan and non-partisan candidates page

         L3 - Immediate Future (up to Nov 2012)
         L3 - Five Year Goals
         L3 - Ten Year Goals

   L2 - etc.

     (This structure might actually be best)

But we need to get this set up before we send the announcement. There may be
individuals who want to comment before their county has a meeting.

Jim

P.S.   Bert - I think it's time you subscribed to this list. We're past the
planning phase and now into the input and wiki maintenance phase.