[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: Presidential Candidate Jared Ball's Calif. Tour Dec. 12-22

Drew Johnson JamBoi at Greens.org
Thu Oct 18 20:59:26 PDT 2007

Subject: [G-C-F] Presidential Candidate Jared Ball's Calif. Tour Dec. 12-22
From:    "Linda Piera-Avila" <lindap_a at verizon.net>
Date:    Thu, October 18, 2007 19:31
To:      cal-forum at cagreens.org
         gplac-forum at cagreens.org

Dear California Greens,

Dr. Jared Ball, from D.C., will be touring our Golden
Green state come December 12-22.  As you may know,
Jared is one of the Green Party presidential
candidates who will appear on our primary ballot.

http://www.voxunion.com/jaredball/

If your Green Party local would like to meet with
Jared or host one of his Capital Resistance events,
please read the following announcement.
Then you can contact his manager, Head Roc at
301-891-3095 or email him at noys25 at head-roc.com.
Jared will be joining the Los Angeles Greens on Dec.
19 for our holiday party!

Thanks!
Linda Piera-Avila
www.losangelesgreens.org

Anchored somewhat on the planned visit to be at the LA
Greens meeting/holiday party on 12/19, we are asking
all California Greens truly interested in uniting and
building our wonderful Party, to please consider
organizing and/or hosting one of our
Capitol Resistance styled campaign events in the city
they live.

Attached are specs containing the basic details of
what it takes to
produce one of our Capitol Resistance styled outreach
events that you can share. The recent success of our
Chicago visit over the past weekend, as part of our
Illinois GP outreach/fundraiser/ballot petition
campaign, endorses the practicality, cost
effectiveness, and immense benefit to Greens who take
on the task of organizing and promoting a Capitol
Resistance event. In fact, the hype around our arrival
in Chicago was such that Greens from Wisconsin came
from hours away to witness and be apart of the Capitol
Resistance experience. So, for those in California who
are skeptical, we can absolutely provide references
from reputable and notable Greens in both states (IL
and WI).

I should say that at the Illinois GP meeting in
Crystal Lake we were
able to link up with Cali's own GP Presidential
candidate Kent Mesplay, where we easily managed to
incorporate him into our program's presentation.  The
same can be done for California Green candidates
running for all levels of public office.

Presentation Space Requirements:

The Home Meet and Greet outreach fundraising method is
recommended to take place in a either a Private
Residence or Comfortable meeting space (30 people or
more) that facilitates an intimate mingling fellowship
and free flow conversation.

An area should be designated and appropriately
arranged to facilitate a 20-30minute audio/video
presentation for those in attendance. This area will
be the main presentation area.

A designated tabling area for the placement of
campaign outreach materials.

Hardware Requirements:

1 video projector for use with laptop presentation
with a screen, or some other appropriate backdrop, for
viewing a slideshow presentation in the main
presentation area

Stereo component/entertainment center (CD/line-in
compatible) for playing music in the main presentation
area.

* Optional – if the main presentation area’s size is
determined to be too large for someone speaking to the
attendees to do so by elevating one’s voice with
reasonable effort, then a small PA sound system should
be considered for to amply the speaker so that all can
hear and be heard comfortable.

Event Requirements:

In-kind donations of light refreshments by
host/sponsoring individual or group.

Progressive Activists and Community Leaders should be
invited and secured as guest speakers supporting
community involvement in political action. (At least
one of these should be a Green!).

Logistics and Resource issues:

All transportation and lodging for 2 must be covered
with all arrangements made to accommodate Dr. Ball’s
existing presidential campaign schedule.

Presentation Space Requirements:

Community space/room/theatre/etc suitable (100 people
or more capacity) for holding a spirited audio/video
lecture presentation/fundraiser

Or

An outside public area permitted for use (to be
obtained by the local group) as a political
demonstration. In either scenario, conditions should
be suitable to accommodate the following:

Hardware Requirements:

PA sound system and stage set up (at least 2 speakers,
monitor, multi-channel mixing board, 3mics, an
adequate stereo amplifier)

2 dj turntables (technic 1200s), dj mixer, pioneer cd
turntable unit.

1 video projector for use with laptop presentation,
screen or appropriate backdrop for viewing slideshow
presentation.

A designated tabling area for the placement of
campaign outreach materials

*Light refreshments are recommended (indoor events)

Progressive Activists and Community Leaders should be
invited and secured as guest speakers supporting
community involvement in political action. (At least
one of these should be a Green).

Logistics and Resource issues:

All transportation and lodging for 4 must be covered,
and all arrangements made should be accommodating to
Dr. Ball’s existing presidential campaign schedule