[Sosfbay-discuss] Second request for Agenda item for Sept 2 GPSCC meeting

Valerie D. Face vdf at juno.com
Wed Sep 2 15:33:02 PDT 2009

I originally sent this request to sosfbay-discuss yesterday at 4:53 PM, but I did not see it on the agenda that Andrea posted this morning.  Could we add this to the agenda?

The Santa Clara Valley chapter of the ACLU and other grassroots organizations have formed the Santa Clara County Coalition for Alternatives to the Death Penalty (SCCCADP).

The goals of the SCCCADP are to:
1)  Stop use of the death penalty in Santa Clara County.
2)  Prepare the voters of Santa Clara County to defeat any state initiative to expand or speed up the death penalty; and
3)  Prepare the voters of Santa Clara County to support a state initiative to end the death penalty.

I would like to propose that the GPSCC pass the resolution (attached) that the coalition is circulating to organizations.  Resolutions will be presented to elected officials.

I would also like to ask if the GPSCC is interested in being a member of the coalition.  Membership in the coalition is open to any organization or individual who is:
1) Committed to the goal of the coalition;
2) Willing to follow the coalition guidelines (attached); and
3) Actively participating in the work of the coalition. Active participation means attending or sending a representative to at least two meetings within any five month period.

Recent coalition meetings have been held about once per month, on Monday evenings (which Monday has varied depending on members' schedules), alternating between San Jose and Palo Alto.

- Valerie Face

Easy-to-use, advanced features, flexible phone systems.  Click here for more info.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTQZan30yM660Flfew7k1eLyQt7VHR46twfjjpwQ01AP1C6WsgH0WU/